Hello everyone, my name is Derek Bailey. I come from Orlando, Florida. Ever since the release of the successful iPhone, I have been a major apple fan. After careful consideration I decided to start a blog on the latest of the iDevices, the iPad. I feel I have the will of a blogger. Follow me on my adventures as I discover the endless potentials of Apples recently released iPad.
The iPad is the first touch screen tablet that Apple has released. Many people were skeptical and assumed it was only a larger counterpart of its brothers the iPod touch and the iPhone. Manifold of the doubts presented by people were diminished when they first used the tablet. The iPad had sold a staggering amount of 500,000+ units in its first week alone. The iPad shows a much more convenient approach that its brothers cannot appeal to due to their size.
- The convenience of having more room to swipe.
- More space to add more features to apps that would appear far too scrunched up on an iPhone/iPod.
- More space to add a more powerful brand of hardware.
- More space for you to actual use your iDevice to be productive instead of just gaming
- Built in 3G (If you have an agreement with Verizon/At&t)
All these new possibilities and more arise because of a single factor, size. You can see I emphasized on space. With a larger 9.7 inch screen, I can type notes faster, E-mail, IM, Social networking, etc.. Faster! I can read e-books using the new bookstore built into the iPad. Safari, Mail, Calendar, Time, and the rest of the default apps have been revamped specially for the iPads own iOS. Viewing mail is easier because youre provided with a larger space to read the text sent. Safari feels as if its being run on a Mac or a Pc, it has lost that cramped, stiff, portable device feeling without completely losing its portability.
Hardware Spec wise it boasts a
- 9.7 inch LED touch screen display
- Fingerprint resistant oleophobic coating
- 16, 32, or 64gb Flash drives
- 1Ghz A4 chip
- up to 9 hours of battery life minimum, (Hours may lower after usage)
The iPad is every mobile tech lovers dream come true, at least to me it was.
Another thing Id like to begin discussing today is the unveiling of the anticipated iPad 2. Due to much speculation, many people believe that the 2nd generation iPad would be released this holiday season because the iPad has no competition at the moment, but not too far away in 2011, many companies will be releasing tablets themselves to keep up with Apple as competition. Steve jobs enjoys being able to brag about releasing a 2nd model of an iPad before his competitors have had the time to even release their 1st model.
Along with the update many have predicted several new features.
- Facetime chat, It has been added to the iPhone and the iPod touch. Its time the iPad get its turn to join in the reindeer games!
- Smaller screen size, You may think the contradicts the whole concept of the iPad, but the possible 7 inch model would save Apple big bucks and enable them to lower their prices to ones comparable to the Amazon Kindle or Barnes and Nobles Nook.
- Thinner iPad, as you may notice, usually with an upgrade, apple tends to change the physical design so that you can differentiate between models. The newer ones usually have smoother and sleeker designs that sway consumers to upgrade.
Thats all for this blog post, I hope you enjoyed reading my first article, Im stoked to continue writing and keeping all the latest iPad news here. All the information given here may be found easily with a google search, but this is simply and introductory blog post. Ill begin covering topics regarding much more unique and special iPad discoveries with due time. "Patience is a Virtue" Ancient Chinese Proverb. follow my twitter page to stay updated with possible site updates! View my iPad Blog now to stay up to date!