The long wait is over. Now that the Apple iPad is available, a lot of Mac-lovers have excitedly gotten their hands on Apple's newest product. Featuring the Apple trademark of clean, simple lines, a LED display, Wi-Fi and 3G, the Apple iPad has already become the techie toy to beat.
But, like all Apple products before it, this Apple tablet is best enjoyed if you enhance it with all the latest accessories. With over a hundred different add-ons to the iPad available all over the world, it's easy to waste money on accessories that don't deliver what they promise. To make it easier for you to pimp your Apple iPad, we're listing down and describing only the best ones below.
1. The Apple iPad Keyboard Dock. Although you can type straight on the iPad's screen, a keyboard can make composing documents and editing presentations much easier. The official Apple iPad Keyboard Dock allows you to prop up your iPad at the proper angle, much like a laptop screen. It runs on t he iPad's battery and acts like a normal Apple keyboard, with all the function keys intact. Its major drawback, however, is that it doesn't allow you to prop up the iPad horizontally and that it doesn't provide attachments for a mouse--you'd have to still use the iPad's screen to perform a lot of functions.
2. The Official Camera Connection Kit for the iPad. Many people bemoaned the iPad's lack of USB ports, things that could have been easily included. There's no need to fret, though, the official Camera Connection Kit allows you to download and import photos and videos from your digital camera either through a USB connector or via memory card. You might also want to experiment with other USB-ready devices, since, as it turns out, Skype headsets and USB keyboards can work with the iPad Camera Connection Kit. There are no hiccups experienced with this accessory, although older cameras (those manufactured before 2005) have been reported to have problems connecting with it.
3. Trendy Digital Waterproof iPad Cover. People might think that buying a waterproof cover for an Apple iPad is impractical. But if you're the type who travels a lot and likes to use his techie toy in the beach or near water, then this accessory is for you. The Trendy Digital Waterproof Cover keeps your Apple tablet safe, dry and free from dust, sand and other elements. The cover is made from flexible, soft vinyl with a double-zip enclosure plus a Velcro lock. A nylon cord is also included so you can keep your Apple iPad safe on your chest. The cover allows you to easily use all of the iPad's functions and watch movies and videos clearly. The only downside to this product is that it sometimes leaves smears on your iPad when you take it out of the case.
4. Ten One Design Pogo Sketch Stylus. Say goodbye to finger prints, smudges and accidentally touched keys with the Ten One Design Pogo Sketch Stylus. Probably one of the most practical iPad acc essories available today, this special stylus can make drawing, sketching and navigating through your Apple iPad easier and more enjoyable. Featuring a modern, aluminum base, the Pogo Sketch Stylus easily glides on the iPad's screen, giving you more control over your strokes and input on your iPad.
5. M-Edge Leather Moleskin Case. One of the most elegant iPad accessories out in the market today, this exquisite case features an elegant leather sleeve in an assortment of colors. A strap holds your beloved Apple iPad in place, while a cover keeps the screen protected. This beautiful case makes your iPad look like a traveler's journal or a book and is one of the most popular iPad accessories around.
With the long list of iPad accessories available worldwide, there is a huge chance of buying something you don't really need. Let the list above help you decide which accessory is the best and most practical for you and your Apple iPad.